Monday, December 4, 2017

illegal Configuration Safe Area Layout Guide before iOS 9.0

I have done a small POC using XCode9 with deployment target as iOS 11. After my POC is working fine, I tried to integrate that in my actual project whose deployment target is iOS 8.

I have needed up with Build errors like illegal Operation as shown below.





If you are using Safe Area Layout, And to avoid these build errors, There are 2 solutions.

1. Set iOS Deployment target as minimum 9.0.





Build Your Project -> Build Succeeds.


2. Goto each and every XIB and StoryBoard file and uncheck the below options.


This option is inevitable If your app’s deployment target should be below iOS 9.0


File Inspector



Size inspector




Hope this post is useful. Feel free to comment incase of any queries.


No comments:

Post a Comment